Family Drug Support
FDS is seeking a motivated Family support officer to support the South Australian team to establish and expand the service in South Australia, providing support to families affected by Alcohol and other drugs. We are offering a part-time (21 or 28hours) position, working ‘flexible’ hours, “to suit family’s requirements”.
Location of position: based out of the Adelaide office (Thebarton) covering South Australia (travelling where required, as directed by the CEO).
- Liaise with AOD services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
- Help establish and run family support groups
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Forward information sessions
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Stones to Success courses
- Deliver FDS’ Support the family workshops
- Provide one on one support to families when required
- Experience in social work or Drug and alcohol services
- Experience in working with families
- Group counselling skills and experience
- Training experience
- Proven administration excellence
- Goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working with AOD workers
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Participation in relevant workforce development activities
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model.
- Ability to promote FDS services through delivering information sessions and educational sessions
- Ability to undertake intra-and interstate travel and after hours work (as required)
- Ability to meet targets and timelines for reporting
- Ability to work with FDS volunteers to support the delivery of this program
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft office products and Power point.
- Unencumbered South Australian driver’s licence. (This is a requirement of employment).
- Other requirements as directed by the Manager or CEO/Head office.
Training & Support
- FDS will provide full training and support
- Salary package offer between $60k-$70k pro-rata (dependant on demonstrated skills and experience), plus Superannuation, with an option to salary sacrifice. A mobile telephone, laptop computer will be supplied for business purposes. A company ‘pool’ car will be available for work related travel.
- An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependant on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
FDS is proud to be an EEO employer. FDS supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A Federal Criminal Records check will be conducted and a successful check is a requirement of on-going employment.
Applications close: Friday 9th October, 5pm