Family Drug Support
(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Support services and programmes for families of drug dependents are recognised gaps in most drug treatment services. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes in this area.
FDS is seeking a motivated family worker to support the Manager, to establish and expand the service in Queensland, providing support to families affected by Alcohol and other drugs. We are offering a fulltime (35hour) position or a part-time (21 or 28hours) position, working ‘flexible’ hours, “to suit family’s requirements”.
Location of position: based out of the Rockhampton office, covering Central Queensland and other areas within the State. Travelling where/when required, as directed by the QLD Manager and/or CEO
- Liaise with AOD services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers.
- Help establish and facilitate family support groups
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Forward information sessions
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Stones to Success and other FDS courses
- Proven experience (min 5 years) in social work and/or Drug and alcohol services or a similar field
- Experience in working with families
- Proven Group facilitation/training skills (min 5 years)
- Proven administration excellence, goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working with AOD workers
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Participation in relevant workforce development activities
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model.
- Ability to plan and promote FDS services through delivering information and educational sessions
- Ability to undertake intra-and interstate travel and after-hours work (as required)
- Ability to meet targets and timelines for reporting
- Ability to work with FDS volunteers to support the delivery of this program
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft office products and Powerpoint.
- Unencumbered QLD driver’s licence. (This is a requirement of employment).
- Other requirements as directed by the Qld Manager or CEO/Head office.
- Ability to adhere to FDS policies and procedures
- Commitment and involvement with quality processes, including reporting incidents/hazards
Training & Support:
- FDS will provide full training and support in the FDS model and its programs.
- You will be required to undertake a full induction process which will include orientation and training (possibly interstate).
- Salary package of between $56k to $60k to be negotiated - plus Superannuation (dependant on demonstrated skills and experience) and an option to salary sacrifice. A $3000 regional allowance payment per annum is payable to cover additional costs. A mobile telephone, a laptop computer will be supplied for business purposes and a ‘pooled’ company car will be available for work purposes.
- An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependant on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
FDS is proud to be an EEO employer. FDS supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
A Federal Criminal Records check will be conducted and is a requirement of on-going employment.
THIS POSITION IS A RE-ADVERTISED POSITION, SHOULD YOU HAVE APPLIED PREVIOUSLY, THERE IS NO NEED TO RE-APPLY.