Family Drug Support
(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes/services in this area.
Location of position: based in Brisbane covering Queensland (travelling where required, as directed by your Manager and/or CEO).
- Liaise with AOD services/workers and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
- Help establish and run family support groups
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Forward information sessions for families/workers
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Stones to Success courses for families
- Experience in social work or Drug and alcohol services
- Experience in working with families
- Group counselling skills and experience
- Training experience
- Proven administration excellence
- Goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working
with AOD workers
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Participation in relevant workforce development activities
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model.
- Ability to promote FDS services through delivering information sessions and educational sessions
- Ability to undertake intra-and interstate travel and after hours work (as required)
- Ability to meet targets and timelines for reporting
- Ability to work with FDS volunteers to support the delivery of this program
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft office products and Power point.
- Unencumbered QLD driver’s licence. (This is a requirement of employment).
- Other requirements as directed by the Manager or CEO/Head office.
Training & Support
- FDS will provide full training and support.
- Salary package of between $56K to $60K (prorata) plus Superannuation (dependant on demonstrated skills and experience), with an option to salary sacrifice. A mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer will be
supplied for business purposes and dependant on offer, a company car may also be supplied for work use.
- An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependant on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
A Federal Criminal Records check will be conducted and a successful check is a requirement of on-going employment.
Applications close: 10/5/2019, COB