Family Drug Support
(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes/services in this area.
FDS is seeking a motivated Family Project officer to establish and expand the service in Victoria, providing support to families affected by Alcohol and other drugs. We are offering either a fulltime (35hour) or a part-time (21 or 28hours) position, working ‘flexible’ hours, “to suit family’s requirements”.
Location of position: based in Melbourne covering the state of Victoria.
(Travelling where required, as directed by the CEO.)
- Liaise with AOD services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
- Help promote, run existing and establish new family support groups
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Forward information sessions
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Stones to Success courses
- Experience in social work or Drug and alcohol services
- Experience in working with families
- Group counselling skills and experience
- Training experience
- Membership in relevant professional associations
- Ability to provide over the phone support to/from families needing 1 on 1 support
- Proven administration excellence, including reporting on time and ability to meet KPIs and time lines
- Goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working with AOD workers
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Participation in relevant workforce development activities
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model.
- Ability to promote FDS services through delivering information sessions and educational sessions
- Ability to undertake intra-and interstate travel and after hours work (as required)
- Ability to work with FDS volunteers to support the delivery of this program
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft office products and Power point.
- Unencumbered VIC driver’s licence. (This is a requirement of employment).
- Ability to adhere to FDS policies and procedures
- Commitment and involvement with quality processes, including reporting incidents/hazards.
- Other requirements as directed by the CEO/Head office.
Training & Support:
- FDS will provide full training and support in the FDS model and it’s programs.
- You will be required to undertake a full induction process which will include orientation and training (possibly interstate).
- Salary package of between $68K to $72K (prorata) plus Superannuation (dependant on demonstrated skills and experience), with an option to salary sacrifice. A mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer will be supplied for business purposes and dependant on offer, a company car may also be supplied for work use.
- An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependant on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
A Federal Criminal Records check will be conducted and a successful check is a requirement of on-going employment.